Sugaring Paste (Firm - Medium)
is used at room temperature and requires only your fingers or an applicator.
- Sugaring Paste: Cooked to a consistency much like a thick taffy.
- Made with: Organic Raw Sugar, Lemons, a smidgen of water.
- Can be used on all hair types, from downy fine to thick.
- If you are a beginner, start off with sugaring paste.
- Hairs will begin to grow back thinner and sparser and over time, diminish.(Read the “Science of Sugaring Hair Removal”. Refer to Anagen Stage of Hair Growth – 1/8″ growth.)
- Sugaring is safe for all skin types (sensitive, itchy, psoriasis, eczema) and is safe on varicose veins and spider veins.
- It is ideal for anyone who has a problem with waxing or shaving and seeking an all natural alternative.
The traditional (ancient Egyptian) method of sugaring:
You rub a thick ball of sugar in the OPPOSITE direction of hair growth. You do this three times. Then real quick, in a “flicking” motion, remove the sugar in the SAME direction as hair growth.
- The “flicking” motion is with your wrist and fingers.
- This can be performed with an applicator or your fingers.
- I provide an applicator because it makes sense because heat does not transfer between your fingers and the sugar.
- The heat will melt the sugar faster. I prefer the applicator method.
- You are removing the hairs in the SAME direction of hair growth, you won’t experience as much pain as waxing.
- You don’t experience the ingrown’s and razor burn associated with shaving and waxing.
This is the biggest contributor to the “less pain than waxing” factor. This method also minimizes any redness, irritation, hair breakage and ingrown hairs. All this while simultaneously exfoliating dead skin cells!
List of Sugaring Hair
- History of Sugaring Hair Removal
- Full List of Sugar Hair Removal Benefits
- Facts: Sugaring & Permanent Hair Removal
- How Sugaring Works
- Sugaring Paste or Wax? Which to Choose
- Sugaring at Home
- Compare Sugaring With Your Hair Removal
- Compare the Cost of Sugaring
- Exfoliation: the Key to Sugaring Success
- Sugaring Before and Afters