Sugaring Wax (Soft)
Sugaring Wax is
- Cooked to a consistency much like thick honey.
- Made with: Organic cane Sugar, Lemons, a smidgen of water.
- Can be used when your hairs are already thin from previous waxing or naturally thin.
- The most common question that is asked me about sugaring gel/wax? "Is it just like waxing in a salon?"
- Well...yes and no. There are similarities, yes. But that's where it ends. There are so many DIFFERENCES that I cannot say that sugaring is "just like waxing in a salon".
- It is ideal for anyone who has a problem with waxing or shaving and seeking an all natural alternative.
When the sugar is applied to the skin, it seeps into the hair follicles. This "lubricates" the hair, which allows the hairs to "glide" out more comfortably and gently.
This is the biggest contributor to the "less pain than waxing" factor. This method also minimizes any redness, irritation, hair breakage and ingrown hairs. All this while simultaneously exfoliating dead skin cells!
- Not as painful as waxing.
- The sugar seeps into pores ensuring a smooth extraction.
- You don't experience the ingrowns and razor burn associated with shaving.
- Eco- friendly
- Earth safe and friendly
- Skin friendly
The Sugaring Wax (adapted through history) method of sugaring:
Spread a thin layer on the desired area in the OPPOSITE direction of hair growth.
- Tip: Smaller the area, smaller amount.
- Set your applicator down and grab a thick denim strip.
- Apply it on top of the thin layer of sugar, rub (applying friction and transferring heat).
- Grab the end of the denim and remove in the SAME direction of hair growth. Remember to stay parallel to the skin. Do not pull up.
Some people prefer applying in the same direction and removing in the opposite direction (like they do in salons for resin based waxes). Note: I do not recommend this method. Hairs are more likely to break off rather than removed completely.
- You are removing the hairs in the SAME direction of hair growth, you won't experience as much pain as waxing.
- You don't experience the ingrown's and razor burn associated with shaving and waxing.