Hollyhocks help your skin to maintain moisture, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple. It also helps with skin inflammations by soothing and calming the skin. The extract of this plant (which is what the hydrosol is) is known to hydrate the skin, lock in moisture and keep the skin supple and soft.Hollyhocks help your skin to maintain moisture, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple. It also helps with skin inflammations by soothing and calming the skin. The extract of this plant (which is what the hydrosol is) is known to hydrate the skin, lock in moisture and keep the skin supple and soft.
The non-greasy emollient is known for its softening and smoothing properties, making it a welcome home remedy for dry skin. The extract is also known to give the skin added pliability and elasticity, keeping it young and radiant. On top of all that, hollyhocks are known to be a natural astringent, thus, making the perfect botanical ingredient for a facial toner!
What is standing between you and unclogged pores might be just adding one product into your beauty regime. The secret weapon to healthy skin? Dr. Hadley King, a New York City board-certified dermatologist, had a simple answer: toner. She says not to pile on extra makeup to mask acne and oil problems. Instead, use a gentle, soothing toner to remove oil and traces of dirt and grime. “Toners are most helpful and necessary for people with oily or acne-prone skin, or for individuals who want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other dense skin products such as sunscreen,” she explains.
- Shrinks pores
- Applying a small amount of toner to a soft cotton ball or pad and gently blotting and wiping your face with it will remove oil and give the appearance of smaller pores.
- Balances your skin pH
- Skin is naturally acidic, normally with a pH balance of between five and six. After cleansing, due to the alkaline nature of soap, the pH balance of skin gets disturbed. When this happens your skin needs to work overtime to restore the balance (and that may result in oil), but using a toner helps to restore this balance quickly.
- Adds a layer of protection
- Toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, thus reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin. It can even protect and remove chlorines and minerals present in tap water.
- Moisturizes dry skin
- Hollyhock toner is a humectant, which means that they help to bind moisture to the skin.
- Refreshes skin
- Toners can also be used instead of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty.
- Will leave your skin revitalized, even when you’re on-the-go.